Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Of Coffee and Questionaires...

Right now, I'm indulging in that ever gorgeous mug of joe, that delicious scent of the earth- coffee. It's a particularly good cup, and that means it's good, because I said particularly. See? Said it again. Now for the questionaire...about reading.

Do you snack while you read?
Only of the snack contains some form of coffee. Or chocolate.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Whoever marks books deserves to be shot. Well. Not shot. But something drastic, such as they should get marked however many times they marked the book.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
I have a rule to buy a bookmark every time I buy a book, henceforth having a bookmark for every book. Free library bookmarks are for, guess: library books. As for Dog-ears, please see above question.

Laying the book flat open?
*Shock and horror* Laying a book open is never. an. option.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
90% fiction. The 10% non fiction consists of bios, gardening books, recipe books, and the like.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Both, but I never buy audiobooks, just paperback. Though sometimes I get sucked into buying a hard cover when it's on for 4.99 at chapters, and then I have to buy the rest in the series hard cover because I can't stand it when my books don't match.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
It bothers me to stop in the middle of a chapter. So I don't.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No. Why would I do that? You can usually tell what the word means by how it's used.

Are you the type of person who only reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one at a time?
At this moment in time I'm reading three.

What are you currently reading?
'The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey', 'Kabul24', and 'The Years in My Herb Garden'.

What is the last book you bought?

Hmm. I think it was a Crock Pot recipe book. No, wrong. It was 'The Years in My Herb Garden'.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Dusk- in my favorite chair with a good cup of coffee on Friday night. Starbucks caffe in a corner booth- but usually then I'm not really reading, simply pretending, so as to scout out unsuspecting victims for my characters.

Do you prefer series books or standalone books?
Both. Novels are a refresher, but I enjoy a good series.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Definitely The Lord of the Rings. A Masterpiece.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
By height and colour, and paperback and hard cover. They have to look nice. I know, I'm crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment