Thursday, May 20, 2010

Billy Graham: His Life and Influence by David Aikiman; An Honest Review



Ok, this is to let you all know that I am reviewing this as a biography in itself, NOT an article saying I'm supporting or criticizing Billy Graham's beliefs, teachings, and etc. You can get that everywhere else. This is a book review, ok people?

  • Summary: 'Billy Graham: His Life and Influence' is intended to be a full biography of world-known evangelist Billy Graham, up to the current date of 2010.

  • Writing Style and Product: The writing style of the author was quite enjoyable. I'm not a biography fan, but Mr. Aikam is definitely not boring, and I was kept interested throughout the book. He covers Billy Graham's life from birth till the present; going over major changes, controversies, influences, and etc. You name it, it's here. It was quite thorough, yet not bogged down with useless details. I've always wanted to know more about Mr. Graham, and this was the perfect book to read. The product itself (softcover) is nicely made, fair quality.
  • Reading Experience: As I said, I did enjoy reading this book. However, the reason I could not give it 5 stars was because though he may not have meant to, the author did come off as slightly biased. I say slightly, for I could tell he was trying not to, and in most of this work, he wasn't. Be that as it may, there were a few parts I read where I felt him biased in favor of Mr. Graham in spite of controversial situations; such as the Billy Graham/Bob Jones issue, and his relationships with certain past presidents of the United States.

All in all, this biography is quite good, and I would recommend it to others who want to learn more about Bill Graham, or want some clarity on the controversy surrounding him.

No comments:

Post a Comment